Recapping the Weekend-Back to Reality, kind of

Hi friends! Happy Monday!  We are now "kind of open" here in NOLA and it feels a bit weird, but I took advantage of it.  It was my birthday last Thursday so I wanted to do some sort of celebration.  I'm still working from home and trying not to go out too much, but just enough, how about you?  My best friend Aimee is in town from Austin to take care of her ailing mother who broke her hip. I am so happy to have her here, despite the circumstances.  Kevin went back to Texas yesterday, so it is back to solitude.  Having him here for two weeks was the best!  Here is what went down this weekend.

We were low key for my birthday Thursday as I had to work late.  Kevin made me my favorite meal, a steak and a fully loaded baked potato.  He added in a grilled tomato, holy cow was that good!

It was nice to have someone cook for me for a change!

Friday night, I went over to Aimee's mom's house and hung out with them and our pal Becca.  We ordered Mexican and caught up.  I stayed up way too late. Love my old friends!

Saturday morning, Kevin suggested a kayak ride on the bayou.  We went and I sweat out all the Mexican and wine and we took in some lovely scenery.
 
I have a love hate relationship with this blow up kayak, but it is still getting me around.

On Saturday night, we had a proper date night at the lovely Saba.  We sat outside and enjoyed the four course meal.  I forgot to take many pics, but  got one of our entreés, the food is so good!

Kevin got Moussaka.

I got the harissa chicken.  I had it leftover on Sunday night and it was sooo good again!

Kevin left early Sunday morning to drive back to Texas.  We are going on a road trip! Well he is for now.  I am meeting him next weekend by air, I've got to keep on working and still will from there.  He is going to Big Bend and other places in Texas and I am meeting him and his friends in Santa Fe.  I cannot wait, I have never been!

After he left, I decided to tackle my tenant's side of the house.  I have been spending so much energy on my side, but this is all my own property, I am responsible!  She went to the beach for the day and I handled up on the jungle growing under the house and the tree up front that keeps blocking her entry way.

Before!


After!  I wish I would have take the pressure washer over here!

After, Aimee and I decided to have happy hour so she could take a break from tending to her mom.  We went to the lovely Boureé on Carrollton Avenue for a fresh fruit daiquiri and some girl talk.  We had a blast and had the best kind of best friend therapy.

Fresh Berry and I forgot what else, so good!


Got to wear the mask if you aren't social distancing! Wish mine was cuter!


Well there you have it.  I am 41 now, ate well, had some friend time, have my tiny house back to myself and ready for my hair appointment tomorrow!  I haven't had my hair colored or cut since February and I am sooooo excited! I also went to the dentist last week and am furiously trying to make a pedicure appointment before I head out next weekend.  Have you ventured out?  Have you been to Santa Fe before?  Hope you had a fabulous weekend!  See you back tomorrow with some food!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments