So lovely you will think it isn't homemade (Fancied up Mediterranean hummus)

Here in New Orleans, we have a local chain of restaurants called Zea.  I guess they have moved into other areas than just New Orleans now, but they started here.  Zea's has a menu item dubbed Mediterranean Hummus which is always my favorite appetizer to get there.  It is simply a plate of hummus -gussied up with toppings- and it is delicious.

We had our Sweet Swine O' Mine Holiday Party last month and I was tasked with bringing an appetizer.  It was warmer than expected and I knew something cool was in order.  I decided to make up my own fancied up hummus like Zea!

This was such a hit and everyone thought I picked it up to go! Hummus is so yummy on its own, but this really takes it up a notch!  Make this for your Superbowl Party, it is a relatively healthy yummy treat for your football fanatics! Plus it is super easy and relatively healthy.  Full recipe to follow the montage. Linking up with the lovely hosts of Meal Plan Monday!

Doesn't that just look yummy?
The Cast.  My olive bar was out of roasted garlic so I made my own!
Spread out your hummus and sprinkle with olive oil and sumac if you have it.
Top with topping!  So dang easy and delicious!
Fancied Up Hummus (Inspired by Zea's restaurant)

One large tub of plain hummus
drizzle of good Olive oil
1/4 teaspoon Sumac (optional)
1/3 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
1 head of roasted garlic (about 8-10 cloves)
1 roma tomato, chopped
1-2 green onions, chopped
3 or more kalamata olives
juice of half a lemon

Spread hummus on a platter.  Sprinkle with olive oil and then sumac if using.  Top with all ingredients in layers and in order.  Sprinkle with lemon juice.  Serve with pita chips and enjoy.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments