Recapping the weekend, Mardi Gras is here!

Hi friends!  Happy Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I sure did; it was full of fun and purging.  Linking up with Biana for weekending.  So glad to be doing this for the first time in a bit!

On Friday night, Gentleman Caller, me, and a bunch of his friends went to the Pelicans game.  It was so fun, but I am so sad to see Demarcus Cousins go down, we were just getting started and this is a setback.

Pregaming at Company Burger.  I regret I did not eat but the St. Arnold White Noise was amazing! 

I am bad at seflies.  I wanted the court in the back but no luck.  I refuse to get a selfie stick ;)
Saturday morning was pure barre and a baby shower planning meeting.  I have never had so much fun planning a shower.  I assume that means this will be an amazing shower!

Saturday night was Krewe Du Vieux, my main sign that Mardi Gras is here.  Next weekend will be full of festivities!

They roasted city leaders, national leaders and all the predators revealed this year.  Amazing.
On Sunday, my sister and her middle daughter came over to help me organize; which turned into a total purge.  I will only show you the boxes in my recycle bin.  The purge pile is embarrassing.  It felt so good to do it although my house feels a bit empty to this non minimalist.


After that I needed comforting and luckily Gentleman Caller was in the mood to cook.  And cook he did; he made a really yummy dinner on the fly!

Arugula, avocados, pork AND brussels sprouts?!  He knew what he was doing!

I made some stock with the scraps after!
It was a whole bunch of stuff packed in, but ready to tackle a new week and Mardi Gras!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!  See you back here tomorrow!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments