That's it?! (Easy yummy goat cheese dip)

During football season, Gentleman Caller and I went over to my friend Becca's for a full day of fun, football and food, my favorite things.  Before we made dinner, her husband's friend insisted he make us an appetizer; and then pulled out a jar of marinara sauce from his bag of expensive wine.  We were intrigued as to what he was going to do with it.  He told us not to worry and get back to our football watching.  About 20 minutes later, we all could smell something yummy.

We all dipped bread in his concoction and wondered what this magic was he had created.  He told us sheepishly what the recipe was; he poured a jar of marinara sauce over goat cheese and baked it.  Yup, that was all.  Oh and he put a little black pepper on top.  I could not believe it! I filed that away in my head and decided to try it myself one day.  That day came for my ladies Christmas gift exchange.  I made it for that and the result was the same, no one could believe how easy it was.

OMG y'all this is the easiest appetizer ever!  It is so full of flavor, your guests will never know if it basically two ingredients and so hands off!  The flavor is so rich with just jarred sauce, I can't imagine how good it would be with homemade sauce!  I made homemade toasts to go with it because I am a type-A overachiever.  Store bought, fresh french bread or bagel chips would be great with this too.  Make this!  You will thank me I promise!  And just in time for your Superbowl party planning! Linking up with the lovely hosts of Meal Plan Monday!

Easy yummy goat cheese dip
I added Italian seasoning, but it did not need it.
Easy yummy goat cheese dip
Yup, that is all you need!
Easy yummy goat cheese dip
I just spread some good olive oil and toasted them.
Easy yummy goat cheese dip
They had some of these for sale at the store for double the price of making my own!
Easy yummy goat cheese dip
Hello Goat Cheese!
Easy yummy goat cheese dip
Smush it down
Easy yummy goat cheese dip
Pour the sauce and bake and smile!

Yummy Goat Cheese Dip:

1 large log of plain goat cheese
1 jar marinara sauce of your choice
dipping instruments of your choice

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.  Take the goat cheese log and place it in the center of the dish and press it down a little to smush it.  Pour marinara over it.  Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.  Sprinkle Italian seasoning or black pepper on top if desired.  Serve hot with bread or toasts for dipping.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments