Take that bare walls and fancy mushrooms! (Chanterelle Mushroom Pasta)

The other night two of my fabulous friends came over to help me hang art and organize my new apartment.  As a thank you I cooked dinner.  If you know me, you know I love Hollygrove Market and the weekly box they sell for $25.  The box that week had chanterelle mushrooms.  I never had such a thing.  They looked weird.  To the google!  I found this recipe for papardelle with chanterelles in a light cream sauce from Tartine and Apron Strings which I  never visited before but will begin; what a beautiful blog!  I couldn't find guacinale or papardelle at my Rouses and I didn't want to fry eggs, so  I doctored it up and made a very yummy dish for my lovely ladies!

The cast of characters: Homemade chicken broth (in Tupperware), heavy cream, cleaned chanterelles, garlic, butter, white wine, parsley, pancetta, egg noodles.

Please excuse the not so good phone photos, will be updating the camera soon.  This was delicious and made all very happy!

Here's the recipe! Serves four (but not generously)


1 package of pancetta

half a bag of egg noodles
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup white wine (I used viognier so we could drink too)
about a cup of chanterelle mushrooms chopped
1/4 cup of butter
3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
  • Start your egg noddles while you chop.  Bring water to boil in a large pot and cook until al dente. Remove to a colander.
  • In a cast iron skillet (or any other skillet of your having) heat pancetta over medium heat. Cook until you think its going to start to burn.  Take that out and drain pancetta on a paper towel.  
  • In the pasta pot, melt the butter.  Add add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes.  Add mushrooms  and cook until juicy (about 4 minutes) add 1/2 cup of the wine and cook for 2 more minutes.  Season with salt and pepper and remove pot from heat.
  • Back to your pancetta pan, add the rest of the wine, and the broth and cook until reduced by half.  Add your cream and stir.  cook until sauce reaches your desired thickness.
  • Throw pasta and pancetta in the mushroom pot, stir and then pour your sauce over it.  Toss the parsley throughout right before serving.
                                                                             et voila!

Happy cooking!
Missy

No comments