Gentleman Caller's favorite salad (Arugula Artichoke Avocado Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette)

Twas the first time I cooked for Gentleman Caller I coined the term dinner on the fly.  I literally made it on the fly.  Since we lived a half hour apart then, I took a ziploc with some marinade and stopped for a flank steak on the way and marinated it while I drove!  I also made a salad of the things I had in the fridge, arugula, artichoke and avocado.  Little did I know that the AAA salad would be the key to his heart...or at least his tummy!

Recently, on a Tuesday, which we call the new Friday, since that is our standard date night, we decided to have a dinner and binge watch night at home. Or as most people call it, Friday, hee hee. I decided to make that salad again.  It was even better since I made my own dressing.  Gentleman caller smiled at me as he ate it and said, "If I'm ever on death row, will you come make me this salad for my last meal?"  Romantic, eh!

This is such a good flavor combo, you will love it!  My local little market did not have plain arugula this time so I used a mix that contained it.  So feel free to use any kind of lettuce!  I promise you will not be disappointed if you make this, it goes really well with chicken, steak and grilled fish.  Full recipe to follow the montage. Linking up with Meal Plan Monday.

Arugula Artichoke Avocado Salad
Hello pretty salad!
Arugula Artichoke Avocado Salad
The cast trying to take advantage of the last bit of sun.
Arugula Artichoke Avocado Salad
Dressing pre shake
Arugula Artichoke Avocado Salad
And post shake.  I love to use mustard as a thickener!
Arugula Artichoke Avocado Salad
It was such a pretty dinner on the fly!
Arugula Artichoke Avocado Salad
One more shot of that gorgeous salad!
AAA Salad with Red Wine Dijon Vinaigrette

1 container of arugula
1 container of marinated artichokes, chopped (the taller one)
1 large avocado, chopped
Sometimes I add sliced shallots if I have them

Dressing:

1/4 cup red-wine vinegar.
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and black pepper, to taste.
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil.

Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.  Place all dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously.  Pour most of the dressing over salad (eyeball it) and toss with your hands to evenly distribute. Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments