Recapping the weekend- time is a flying!

Hi!  Hello!  Good Morning!  Happy Monday!  I hope all of y'all had a fantastic weekend.  I sure did and wish I had more of it!  Linking up with Biana for weekending.  Here we go with a recap!

Friday some coworkers and I had a long overdue short happy hour and then I headed home for relaxing.  There was like 32 things going on downtown between protests, Mardi Gras balls and a Pelicans game so I was happy to have a night in.  

I made some leftover tacos.  If you follow me on Snapchat you know this picture doesn't tell the whole story ;)

I read most of my book club book Hillbilly Elegy.  It is not what I thought it would be, but still good. It will be an excellent discussion book.  
Saturday morning I went to my old stomping grounds uptown for Pure Barre and then did some local shopping.  I got a new Mardi Gras shirt for me and one to send to my bestie Aimee in Texas.  And then showered my friend Jacque and her soon to be new baby!  No pics from that, too much catching up!
How much for that doggie in the window?
Saturday night I had a night on the town with my gentleman caller.  This is rare for us.  We made the most of it and saw several parts of town and tried a new dinner spot!
Old fashioneds in advance of the cold front at Barrel Proof.

I was so sad I missed the Women's March and this bathroom art reminded me of it!

We went and saw his friend DJ at the Circle Bar.
We ventured to the Freret Beer Room after for a late dinner.  I have been dying to go!  It was so good and they had awesome beers on tap that I had never heard of.
Potatoes au gratin, mustard greens and whole fish with romesco sauce and ramps.  Holy Cow!
Sunday was a day of lol'ing at the news and getting ready for the week. It's a whole new world!  I have lunch made for the whole week and ready to tackle it!

Hope your weekend was great!  What were you up to?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments