A ladylike burger not just for ladies (Chipotle Ranch Chicken burgers)

I just got a new grill.  With it being summer, get ready for some grilling recipes.  For all of them a good old fashioned cast iron skillet on the stove will work too, I promise.  But nothing gives meat flavor like charcoal in my book!   I love a good burger, but I try not to have too much red meat in my life after a high cholesterol number a few years ago.  Whenever I crave a burger, I always make myself a fancy chicken burger first and if it doesn't satisfy it, then I go and get me some meat.  In the past I have made Buffalo Burgers and Moroccan Burgers.  Now, behold the Chipotle Burger.  

I picked up some chipotle peppers in a squeeze tube and let me tell you, this is life changing!  In any event, this recipe would use most of a can of them so you won't feel wasteful.  The combination of the smoky chipotle and the grill flavor are amazing.  And the sharp cheddar, sour cream (or greek yogurt if you want) and avocado tamp down the spiciness of the chipotle.  The lettuce wrap gives it such a great crunch, you won't want a bun to replace it!

Try this!  And don't be afraid to cook it inside, the chipotle gives you smoke flavor!  What are your favorite alternative burgers?  Full recipe after the montage. Linking up with Meal Plan Monday.

Chipotle Chicken Burgers
Yes, this burger looks feminine.  But it tastes like something even a man could love.
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
The cast.  I've become quite a Trader Joe's fanatic!
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
Mix all your ingredients in a bowl.  I agree with Pioneer Woman, just use your hands!
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
And make them into some patties of your liking.
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
Get your grill nice and hot and put them on.  You can skip the grill to and keep it inside.
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
Clearly my coals were not even!
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
I got them nice and even in the end.
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
I had sour cream on hand but usually I would do Greek Yogurt.
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
Spicy and creamy, a lovely combo!
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
Plate in on up with sauce, cheese and avocado.  See you don't need a bun?!
Chipotle Chicken Burgers
So good and reheated excellently for lunch all week!
Chipotle Ranch Chicken Burgers with Chipotle spread:

Burgers:
1 lb. ground chicken
1/4 an onion, grated on a cheese grater
1 packet ranch dressing mix
2 chopped chipotles from can or 2 tbsp of chipotle squeeze
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. bacon grease or melted butter (optional)
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Toppings:
1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt mixed with 2 chopped chipotles from can or 2 tbsp of chipotle squeeze
sliced avocado
sharp cheddar cheese slices

For the burgers, combine all ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix well and form into even patties.  Cook on a grill or cast iron skillet until cooked through.  Serve on butter lettuce with the toppings.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments