Two of my favorite things combine for deliciousness (Buffalo Pineapple grilled chicken)

It's grilling season!  I got my fabulous new PK Grills smoker and grill with my tax refund and I am loving it.  I will be able to practice for Hogs for the Cause when that comes around and make my backyard feel a little bit more like summer.  And try all the grilling recipes I've pinned and never been able to make!

Such as this one for Buffalo Pineapple Chicken from Plain Chicken.  I mean, this recipe sounded made for me, but also a little weird...Buffalo sauce and pineapple?  I decided to try it anyway, and man am I glad I did!  The flavor was really intense in the chicken because of the pineapple.  And that made it stay moist in the grilling process too.  I had this with some veggies and had the leftovers in a salad the next day and it was just delightful.

Make this!  Don't let the odd ingredients scare you off.  And you can always bake this in the oven or sear in the cast iron skillet too.  It was so delicious.  What is your go to chicken marinade? Have you ever heard of PK Grills?  Full recipe to follow the montage.  Linking up with Meal Plan Monday over at Southern Plate and others!

Buffalo Pineapple grilled chicken
I just love barbecued chicken!
Buffalo Pineapple grilled chicken
The simple cast.  I love trying out different buffalo sauces and this one is good!
Buffalo Pineapple grilled chicken
Mix the marinade and chicken together.
Buffalo Pineapple grilled chicken
These things are the best!  I use a paper towel dipped in vegetable oil to light it.
Pk Grills Portable Kitchen
Here is my super cute retro grill.  I love it!
Buffalo Pineapple grilled chicken
The chicken is nice and marinated by the time the grill is lit!
Buffalo Pineapple grilled chicken
I tried to grill some onions and failed.  I need to get a grill basket!
Buffalo Pineapple grilled chicken
Flip them over and smile at the grill marks.
Buffalo Pineapple grilled chicken
Serve it with your favorite side.  Delish!

Buffalo Pineapple Grilled Chicken (adapted from Plain Chicken)
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 cup hot wing sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk together hot sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pour over chicken and marinate a few hours to overnight.  Remove chicken from marinade and sauté or grill until done.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments