Recapping the weekend -What a Fun Austin Girls Trip

Hey friends!  Happy Humpday!  I got back Monday morning from Austin and went right into work.  It has been hard to get back to reality!  We went to celebrate my oldest friend Becca's 40th birthday.  It was a blast and I was so happy to go back to my old hometown.  Here's a recap of the fun!

What a fun Austin Girls Trip
What a fun 40 group!
I left Wednesday after work.  I got to the airport and saw my cousin there!  She was heading to California for a long weekend and was on my flight since her layover was in Austin.  I hope she had a fun trip!


Love my cousin!
I got in and settled at my friend Aimee's house and we had some wine before hitting the hay.  We had a long weekend ahead!

We woke up and worked out and then tooled around town to get the supplies for our Airbnb.  Aka wine and snacks and more wine!  We went to all my faves including my favorite grocery store, Central Market!
What a fun Austin Girls Trip
I'm such a food nerd!
We checked into the Airbnb and set everything up.  This place was amazing!  Brand new construction and styled so cute!

What a fun Austin Girls Trip

What a fun Austin Girls Trip

What a fun Austin Girls Trip

What a fun Austin Girls Trip

What a fun Austin Girls Trip


So close to downtown!
On Friday, we took a bus to the Texas wine country and went on wine tours, so fun!  

It was so hot, but I had to do all red!
Looks like California!
Our sweet friend Katie brought us some crowns!
We headed to 6th Street after.  I Irish goodbyed after this pic because I was exhausted
On Saturday we hit up some murals and fun spots on South Congress.  It was a nice day to be low key since not everyone went to bed early like me!

What a Fun Austin Girls Trip
Froze All Day at Hotel San Jose.
After that, we hit up Swifts Attic for dinner.  I love this place, but we had some bad service. 

What a Fun Austin Girls Trip
Mmm, burrata!
What a Fun Austin Girls Trip
A mural pic out of order!
What a Fun Austin Girls Trip
Bacon Wrapped Dates
What a Fun Austin Girls Trip
Korean BBQ Flank Steak, yum!
We had lunch the next day at Fareground, Austin's first food hall.  We could all get what we wanted, which was really nice.  

What a Fun Austin Girls Trip
I didn't eat the bun like the good low carb girl I am!  This was so good!
Then we sent half the group home to their kiddos and husbands and the other half of us went out to Lake Travis for a boat ride.  Lake Travis is such a gem!

What a Fun Austin Girls Trip
It was a beautiful day for it!
What a Fun Austin Girls Trip
I love these lilly pads!  The water was the perfect temperature!
What a Fun Austin Girls Trip
Me and my Austin (well, high school and college too!) bestie, Aimee, I miss her so much!

It was such a great trip and I can't thank Aimee enough for planning it for us.  We have been friends for ages and it was so great to make new memories with old friends.  

Have you been to Austin?  I used to live there and go there alot, so feel free to reach out to me if you plan a trip!

Hope you are having a splendid week!

Happy Cooking!

Missy




No comments