Recapping the weekend-Thanksgiving

Hi friends!  Happy Cyber Monday.  I hope you had a wonderful holiday and long weekend.  I was so happy on Saturday when I realized it was Saturday and not Monday!  This week is going to be packed because my tenant is moving out and we are hurrying to make repairs and updates  to get it back on the market ASAP.  

Let's back up to the beginning of the week.  My check engine light came on and it turned out one of my engine valves was cracked.  They took my car apart looking for the problem and realized they needed a part, so they gave me a loaner car for the week. Of course, they always give you a nicer car than you have.  I got a 2021 Q5 with all the bells and whistles.  I have a 2015 A3 with no bells and whistles.  My car is paid off and smells like it flooded three times.  Riding in this beauty made me want to trade her in!

 
No wonder I have been needing my Neti Pot everyday, just look at all that pollen!

When you open the door it flashes an LED Audi sign!  Who needs such a thing?!

I drove it everywhere!  I went way out to the bigger Target in Kenner and stocked up on staples.  And I could not resist this mini tree for my office nook!

I love the white and red contrast!

I got a much needed pedicure!

My email friends forever group celebrated my friend Cary's 40th birthday a little early with a small group dinner.  I was in charge of dessert.  I decided to be silly with my decoration, hee hee!

That is what I am saying and sticking to it!

For Thanksgiving, we made the trip to Abbeville, Louisiana to spend Thanksgiving with Kevin' family.  We spent a lot of time outside, and ate so well! 

Just look at this crazy meat smoking contraption!

Bitsy and I enjoyed our visit to the country.  She had a great time running around!

Just part of the spread.  I love meat and casseroles!

His aunt brought over some rumchata pudding.  Holy cow was this good!

After chasing some goats, Bitsy was tuckered out!

We made leftover turkey and spinach enchiladas with my homemade enchilada sauce!

It was a lovely trip with some lovely people and we made plans to come back for Christmas and maybe New Years too!  

We came home Saturday and it was gross the rest of the weekend.  We just watched football and lounged.  It was in the 80's last week and it is getting down into the 30's tonight!  Winter is here!  I did not get my tree this weekend like I wanted because of the weather, but now it will feel more like Christmas decorating weather!

How was your Thanksgiving?  Any different?  We had less people and less hugs, but still made the most of it!  See you back soon with some food!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments