Friday Favorites- This month is flying!

 Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  This was a long week of work, but I got to work from home again!  I am so glad to be back to my more productive schedule, both work wise and life wise! I am back to hermitting at the house and that is just fine with me as it seems cases are rising.  Wear a mask and social distance, please!


It is hard to find anything to share in this world of needless and neverending election drama.  I have a hard time tearing myself away from Twitter and CNN.  I'm ready for this be over and we can get back to normal things like...

This article was very relevant to my current need for information.  My tenant is moving out, and she has lived there for 10 years.  I need to know what I need to replace and fix and that is quite a handy guide.  It has some helpful normal household tips too, like throwing your sponge in the dishwasher to sanitize it! And please send positive thoughts that I find another tenant as wonderful as she has been.  I am nervous!

We moved to what we are calling "Phase 3.3" here in New Orleans.  This means bars are open again at 25% capacity.  I am a bit nervous that this will spike our cases.  We had a bit of a surge this week because there was an outbreak at Tulane.  Also I am sure we will see a spike after this careless unpermitted large event was held this past weekend.  What phase is your city doing currently?

I made Red Beans on Monday and put them on Instagram.  A few people asked for the recipe.  I forgot I  made them many moons ago for the blog!  You can find them here.   And you can make them in the slow cooker too, find that here! So good!  


Several SEC games were canceled this weekend due to Covid. We were supposed to play Alabama.  We are down to our third string quarterback and the punter is now the backup so I am sure we were going to get shellacked. Which would have made Nadine happy, hee hee.  We are still going to do porchgate and watch what football that is available.  Not sure what we are smoking on the Portable Kitchen this weekend, but you will see it on Instagram!

Sunday was a scheduling miracle and my Sweet Swine O Mine besties and I are all available for brunch.  That never happens! We are doing a potluck brunch with masks (the fun kind) and mimosas in our PJ's!  As we know we will never get the group all back together in time for Christmas, we are also doing our favorite things gift exchange.  I will try and do a full report of that next week for some gift ideas!

Well there you have it!  I will be showcasing some of my favorite Thanksgiving sides next week to get in the mood for Thanksgiving.  Are you doing Thanksgiving?  Have your plans changed?  We did it outside last year and I don't see that changing, obviously.

Also, happy 44th anniversary to my parents today.  I don't know how they do it!

Have a spectacular weekend!  What do you have going on?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments