Taking a break from my break

 



Hello friends! Long time no see!

I cannot believe I have not blogged since March!  Life has been extra crazy.  And ever since Kevin came back into my life, it feels like I do not need it.  I started this blog when we broke up as a time waster, and now I have less and less time!

There was a short time this summer that we returned to real life.  We went to a concert at Tipitina's without masks!  We had a rescheduled Hogs for the Cause!


And then Delta came around and we went back to Covid life.

In case you did not see on social media, we got engaged in August!  I was not expecting it at all and was completely caught off guard! It was a simple affair at home before we went to meet some friends for drinks on a Saturday.  I could not be happier.

I was so surprised!

And then we got hit with hurricane Ida.  

Our house was fine, and we are very lucky. We stayed for the storm, but we escaped New Orleans a few days later as there was no electricity for over a week.  We went to Los Angeles to start the whirlwind of an LSU football season. 


The Walsh House from 90210!

And then I realized how hellish wedding planning is!

Kevin's and my ideal wedding is not my family's ideal wedding.  It has proved impossible to reconcile this.  I keep trying to remind them that I am 42, not 24.

We found, well -- I found the perfect venue when I went to Austin a few months ago.  How cute is this place?  

My sweet friends are throwing us an engagement party soon to get the ball rolling.  It has been slow getting the wedding planning going.

Tell me about your wedding.  Did you have family drama?  What was your favorite thing about your wedding?

I have a few food posts that have been sitting in drafts that I want to share and I thought I would start off with a personal post to ease back into it.

Stay safe in the continued time of Corona!


Happy Cooking!

Missy


No comments