Friday Favorites- A new member of the Family!

Hey y'all!  Happy Friday! I got a new pup!  It was a total spur of the moment thing.  When you see a fancy dog at the pound you have to pounce.  I got the word that I got her Tuesday and picked her up yesterday.  We are already best friends, she is so sweet!

She is unfortunately heartworm positive, so we have a bit of a road ahead.  She also needs to be spayed.  I think she has had some litters because she has some big tits.  I got her from the Northshore Humane Society and they are the best. They have no idea what her back story is but I am guessing she was at puppy mill. I can't imagine how else a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ends up at the pound!

Her name was Missy of course.  If you remember, Ginger's real name was Prissy, so this was totally fate.  We are going with Bitsy because it rhymes if you say it fast.  So far so good.  She is so sweet, follows me around and snuggles really hard.  As this is my second rescue I am kind of pinching myself, the last one was so hard! 

We are going to be quite the pair!
She was a great copilot for the 45 minute ride back!
She decided to nap on the floor for a bit of it.  Someone needs a car wash!

And then came home and made herself right at home on Ginger's pillow my grandmother made!
I cannot believe how lucky I got!  Rescue pups are the best!  I am in a holding pattern with the house so I am glad I have her to keep me occupied!  Lots of fun with friends this weekend on tap, what is on your radar?  Whatever it is, I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments