Eat cake for breakfast! (Blueberry Greek Yogurt Breakfast Cake)

I call this a breakfast cake, but you don't have to have it for breakfast, it would make a crowd pleasing dessert too.  I was really surprised by the texture, it was really light and (I hate using this word) moist.  This is perfect cut into some slices for breakfast or company with some hot tea or cold milk. 

This was a great way to use up the blueberries I never seem to be able to use up and the farm eggs my friend gave me.  Try some other fruits; some raspberries or cherries would be excellent here too!  Make one up and impress your friends and family. I made this even lighter by using fat free Greek yogurt and Ketose Sweet instead of sugar.  The ketose was a good idea, but I think I will use full fat yogurt next time, I missed it.  Full recipe to follow the montage.

Blueberry Greek Yogurt Breakfast Cake
Hello Cake!
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Breakfast Cake
The cast. If only I would have had some ham for my green eggs!
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Breakfast Cake
Look at all that gooey blueberry goodness!
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Breakfast Cake
Bake it all up and marvel in the golden goodness!

Blueberry Breakfast Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
½ cup granulated sugar (I used Ketose Sweet)
1 large egg or two small
½ cup Greek yogurt (don't use fat free)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line the bottom of 8 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the side of the springform pan with butter or cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar using electric mixer, beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add egg, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt and beat until fluffy. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, just until combined
Do not over mix.  Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread the blueberries over the top.  Bake cake for about 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven), until the top is golden brown and tester comes out clean.  Let cool completely, after cake has cooled, release the cake from the springform pan

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments