Friday Favorites - Things keeping me sane

Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  We made it through another week of coronacation.  Hope you are staying sane and well at home.  Here are a few things that have been keeping me sane and well!



My friend Laura and I took the kayaks out on Bayou St. John finally! We almost cried it was so good to see each other in person. We last saw each other for one last happy hour a few weeks ago. I will report the inflatable kayak is meh but that was due to user error. It was easy to pump up and assemble, almost too easy. That is because I did not blow up the bottom! As a result, it was super slow and already has a tear in it. It was an amazing workout though! And it was so good to get on the water! I plan on assembling it correctly this weekend and trying again!

My dad's first words when he saw this photo was, "where's your life jacket?"

My friend works for a wine distributor and usually sells to restaurants.  As a lot of them are closed, she is now selling to her friends!  Fancy wine at cost, I will take it.  And no need to go to the store.

This one looked so retro to me.  It tasted delicious!
Pure Barre New Orleans has been live streaming classes with the local instructors.  It is a lifesaver to have some normalcy.  I love seeing my teachers.  We have a closed facebook group as well, where everyone is sharing pics of doing Pure Barre with kids and pups.  

Thank you Pure Barre Nola!

Sitting in a bad chair for work, Pure Barre and running almost every day, and that kayaking adventure are doing me in.  I have been so sore! I have been practicing yoga every single day.  This hip opener was so good I could cry.  We all need some hip opening!  Try it out!



I broke down and got a year subscription to the New York Times Crossword.  For less than $20 you get access to all of their archive for the year.  I may not ever leave the house again!  Here is a special Texas one from 2010! 


Speaking of Texas...I am leaving (fingers crossed) Thursday to fly there to see my long lost boyfriend who I haven't seen since February 23rd.  I have an N95 mask and some gloves for the airport and plane.  I will have my quarantine form all filled out and they better let me in!  Reliving the small amount of time we have gotten to enjoy (in person) together since we got back together in September has been keeping me happy.

Back in October in less crazy times, when I just enjoyed winning at football and life.

What has been keeping you sane these days? I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Enjoy Easter or Passover or just anything.  I am so happy to have the day off today for our Spring holiday!

Happy Cooking!

Missy


No comments