Friday Favorites-Let's have some coffee and catch up!

Hi friends!  Man it has been awhile since I posted anything but an old recipe.  Hope you are well.  It has been a whirlwind over here.  Work has been crazy; we were lucky enough to dodge the brunt of two hurricanes back to back; Kevin is now here all the time; and getting back to normal after our travels (as in caring to do anything after work is over) is really hard.

In other news, my poor daddy fell down the steps while he was sleepwalking last week and broke his collarbone and ankle.  He was lucky that is all that happened!  He had surgery and is recovering well.  But poor thing is in a wheelchair!  He is a gymrat like I am and does crossfit, yoga or swims almost every day. As a result, this is hard for him, but should ensure a swift recovery!

He is in great spirits!  

My sister and I went over there last weekend-when we thought the hurricanes were coming for us-and put all their outdoor stuff away.  We have to go back this weekend to put it all back out!

I have made a few yummy recipes lately.  I think I am going to try something new and just post the finished product pic and not the step by steps.  Maybe that will get me slowly and surely back into blogging!  The problem is, I have reverted back to my old ways... I just put a little of this and little of that and don't have a true recipe.  Like this yumminess I made Wednesday night!

What is in there?  Cubed and roasted delicata squash, leftover collard greens, chopped leftover meatballs (I used the frozen Trader Joe's turkey meatballs with a riff on the sauce from Smitten Kitchen in this recipe), sautéed chopped onion, garlic and jalapeno, a 1/2 cup of leftover meatsauce from the freezer and some grated cheese for the top.  It sounds bizarre, but it was one of the best things I have made in awhile! I just cleaned out the fridge!

Y'all, these pants from Amazon are a must.  They are an exact Lulu Lemon dupe, not see through and I get so many compliments on them. The feel like butter! We aren't allowed to be amazon affiliates here in Louisiana, so there is no benefit to me here, but trust me there is one for you!  I usually hate posting clothing selfies, but I had to show them off!

I did a squat for my sisters to prove they weren't see through!

We don't have much going on this weekend.  Saturday night, we are picking up the No Menu Takeout from Coquette and I am so excited!  I was talking recently about how chain gang disbanded and meeds to be reupped when Covid is ever over.  This weeks menu is guilty childhood pleasures!  I can get my chain fix and it will actually taste good.  We went to Coquette and had a no menu meal for our first dating anniversary many moons ago.  Glad we can relive the memory now 6 years later!

August of 2014, so long ago!

Kevin is going to be 40 in a few weeks and we are planning another road trip to celebrate as I am still working from anywhere and want to take advantage!  I think we are going to start in Texas around Fort Worth and go to Arkansas and Tennessee after.  Anyone have any must dos? We are taking my car this time so no crazy camping on the side of mountains!

Hope you are well and have something fun planned for the weekend whether it be new sweatpants, a new binge watch or a glass of something lovely.  Any fun labor day plans?  Hope you have a good one!

Happy Cooking!

Missy




No comments