Recapping the weekend-Rainy and lovely

Hey friends!  Welcome to a new week!  I hope your weekend was relaxing and lovely.  Mine sure was! Finally up to some recapping for once!  Let's get into it!

Just thought I would leave this here for anyone that needs it!

Friday, Kevin and I made plans to go have happy hour on the lakefront to enjoy the water.  We went to Felix's for chargrilled oysters and beers on the waterfront deck and it promptly began monsooning. We headed back home and watched the Irishman and called it a night.

On Saturday, after Pure Barre, Kevin and I went to my parents' house to de-hurricane prep it and do a few things around the house for my dad.  My niece and nephew were there and I played treasure hunt with my niece.  We found a treasure chest of pennies by digging in my mom's and my purses.  How cute is her map?!


While we were out in the burbs I drug Kevin to Target for a few things.  And I finally found some powdered Tide!  I have been looking for it for months when Go Clean Co  started posting all their cleaning videos!  I can't wait to get cleaning!

Totally sharing some with my friends, it is a lot!

Saturday night, we had our secret menu from Coquette.  Kevin went and picked it up and I brought out the china, good napkins, wine and French bistro music to make it like we were really at a restaurant.  There was a lot more "cooking" to do than I thought (mostly reheating) and there was a shrimp course, but whatever, it was so fun!


The menu
Kevin's shrimp course. He ate mine as well.  I was going to try it, but when I smelled it, I remembered I hate shrimp!

Southwest eggrolls.  Different than the ones I usually make.
Ribs with tangy slaw and watermelon rind pickles.  So good!

I let Kevin assemble dessert.  It was by far the messiest photo, but our favorite part of the meal!

Real whipped cream is the best!

While we were on our travels in Idaho, we started talking about great movies that either of us had not seen.  We pulled up AFI's list of the 100 greatest movies and went through them.  I bookmarked that list.  After our semi fancy dinner, I suggested we watch the first one on the list that neither of us had seen.  We ended up with #12, Sunset Boulevard.  We both enjoyed it, and I was shocked I had never seen it.  I can't wait to watch the next one on our list!

I was so glad Amazon had it!

On Sunday, we all gathered at my parents' house to celebrate my niece's 5th birthday.  I have been needing some cardio in my life, so Kevin and I made the 13 mile bike ride there.  I wrote this before we left, so let's hope I was able to do the 13 miles back, lol!  I made my wonderful pasta salad that is a legend in my sister's book club. 

You need to make this! I always roast the broccoli now, it is such a great touch!

Well there you have it!  One last day in August and then we are on to (fingers crossed) fall!  Maybe we will have football soon.  I just want some cooler weather!

How was your weekend?  Have you ever seen Sunset Boulevard?  I hope to be back on a regular blogging schedule soon, but I am not holding my breath!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments