A menu comes together (Creamy Garlic Tortellini Pasta salad)

My cousin Casey has moved back from LA after a long time living there.  She had a pretty baby girl just before she moved and the other cousins and I wanted to throw her a sip and see.  My cousin Ashley was hosting it.  She also is my hairdresser.  I was getting my highlights done as we brainstormed the menu for the party.  It was going to be around lunch time and it was very hot so we wanted cold items.  I immediately thought pasta salad!  She agreed it would go well with the salad, finger sandwiches and cold shrimp so the menu was set!

I wanted to make something a little different and found a very old pin for this Creamy Garlic Tortellini Pasta salad.  I had to make it!  I had some frozen broccoli in my freezer that I needed to adapt and had sour cream in my fridge so it was perfect!  

This is really good and is still delightful leftover.  The dressing is creamy yet light and the veggies are so delightful with the cheese.  This is really easy and pretty; perfect for a shower, ladies lunch or a light dinner on its own or a full dinner next to some meat.  Try it for yourself, you will always want creamy without mayo after!  Full recipe to follow the montage. Linking up with Meal Plan Monday, click on over and check it out!

Creamy Garlic Tortellini Pasta salad
Such a pretty pasta salad!
Creamy Garlic Tortellini Pasta salad
The cast.  Please ignore that ranch packet.  It was early in the morning and I was confused!
Creamy Garlic Tortellini Pasta salad
I just love artichokes, hearts especially! 
Creamy Garlic Tortellini Pasta salad
I decided to roast the broccoli to defrost and get some more flavor out of it.
Creamy Garlic Tortellini Pasta salad
Make your dressing.  I love that it was pink to celebrate a sweet baby girl!
Creamy Garlic Tortellini Pasta salad
Toss it all together and there you have it!
Creamy Garlic Tortellini Pasta salad (adapted from Lizzie Write)

1 large package of fresh cheese tortellini (I got mine from Costco)
1 head broccoli, cut into small pieces
1 red bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
2 large jars marinated artichoke hearts, diced

Dressing:
1 cup neutral oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sour cream
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons dried parsley

Cook tortellini according to package directions and let cool.  Roast the broccoli in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.  (I did this while chopping and making the dressing).  Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl.  Place all dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake until emulsified.  Pour over salad and toss gently.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments