Recapping the weekend-Football is no fun.

Hi friends! Happy Monday!  I did not do much this weekend at all.  After a week of fun nights out I needed it!  Lets go back to last week actually.  Linking up with the lovely Biana for Weekending.

Last Wednesday I had a fun night out with some members of my high school lunch table to celebrate 20 years out of high school. How the time has flown!

I think we have aged pretty well!
Thursday night I met up with the lovely Danielle of Sparkles and Lattes who was in town for work. This is the second time we have met up and we didn't get a picture of us either time!  But we did get a picture of our dinner at Baru!

Whole Fish Delish!

Oh and also on Thursday I had Continuing education (CLE) in the subrurbs.  I had to visit my cousin's mom's restaurant, Mi Pueblito.  It was so good! And yes I am detoxing this week!

Stuffed Plantain, so yummy!

Friday night I was home for a bath, face mask and relaxation.  I got my shipment of Bright Cellars Wine and one of the bottles broke on my street :(  I was so sad.  I love Bright Cellars, have you heard of them?  It is a great way to discover new wines! Check it out here and get 30% off your first order!

Saturday I got my car detailed so I was stuck at home with no car.  I decided to do some testing for Hogs for the Cause.  Jerk Pork!!  It is still marinating.  I used my jerk chicken recipe and doubled it.
It's going to be so good Monday!


Saturday night I watched the terrible LSU game with Gentleman Caller and his kiddos.  The game was awful but the food and company was great!

Purple and gold Fajita Salad!

Ginger was bored but made a new friend!
Sunday was more bad football watching the Saints.  This is going to be a long season for all my teams.  Maybe one of my fantasy teams won't disappoint me.  We shall see.

Hope you had a great weekend!  What did you do?  See you tomorrow for more yummy food!  I have a great low carb one pot meal coming soon!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments