Recapping the Weekend-Lots of Painting, Covid and Fun!

Hi friends!  Happy new week!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend and stayed warm, it seems like it is cold everywhere!

 

I took my first Covid test because my cousin who does my hair tested positive right after I got highlights.  I am negative, thank goodness!  Unfortunately, my aunt and uncle also have it, as do her in laws.  Send them some good thoughts will ya?

On Friday, my cousins were in town.  My cousin is graduating from LSU and her sister who lives in Maryland came in for it.  We all gathered at my parents' house for fajitas and fun.

I was the grillmaster, as usual.
The kids had so much fun with the silly drink marking men!

On Saturday, I got my empower on at Pure Barre early, then Kevin and I got to work on the other side of my house.  My tenant moved out this week and she had lived there for many years.  It is in need of a good cleaning and some upgrades. I planned on redoing the floors in the bedroom like I did mine.  Kevin ripped up the cheap laminate and we discovered lots of rot.  I am going to need new subfloors and a new door, the rot is that bad.  Unfortunately, my uncle who has Covid was going to be my contractor for the door so I am in a holding pattern.

You can see the ground from that hole at the top!

With the floors on hold, we got to painting.  We painted the front room, which is about half the house.  We took a much needed lunch break after that and ordered some sandwiches from St. James Cheese Company.

Gruyere, caramelized onions and ham, so yummy!

Kevin left after that to head to Lafayette for his friend's birthday so I hit up Home Depot for more paint and tackled the bathroom.  It had brown unpainted wainscoting and had horrible beige walls.  I got a coat of blue on and a coat of Killz on the wainscoting.  I plan on finishing that up and painting the cabinets this week.


I tripled my move goal with all the exercise and painting, so I decided to make it a full cheat day with spaghetti and meatballs before I settled in for the LSU game.  Man was that a butt whooping!  I expected it since we suck this year, but it is never fun to lose to Alabama!



On Sunday, I met up with a few girlfriends at Trep's for a socially distant catchup and to watch the Saints game.  We had mimosas and a few apps and froze our butts off.  I don't think we were meant to eat outdoors in rainy 48 degree weather!

This was before the rain started!

My friend Susana brought her three year old daughter and she had a ball covering us in stickers. 

She had Jessica dripping in diamonds, lol!

I came home and prepped for the week and we watched the Holly Dolly Christmas special.  That Dolly Parton is just an American treasure!  I loved her stories and songs! Did you watch it?

Well there you have it.  This week is more painting!  I need to get this place finished and rented!  How was your weekend?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments