Tastes like candy, but easier on your hips (Garlicky Roasted Cherry Tomatoes)

Hey y'all!  Back from vacation! It was a wonderful whirlwind of friends and family!  I may have a recap for Friday, bur in the meantime, lets get to yummy food!

I love cherry tomatoes, but I love them better when they are cooked.  I love roasting them in a sheet pan supper the most.  I get my Covey Rise haul on Thursdays, so sometimes I am still using the week before's share when I get a new one.  This happened one week and I had two containers of cherry tomatoes.  I needed a new recipe.

And I found one for garlic roasted tomatoes from the Novice Chef blog.  I love garlic and these would be a great thing to have around to snack on!  And I was right, I had some hungry and cute little visitors (I mean kids) and they ate them up like candy!  They are great hot or cold and so full of flavor! Make these, you will love having them around!  Full Recipe to follow the montage.

Garlicky Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Just look at those beauties!
Garlicky Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
The cast.  I love the few heirloom ones in there!

Garlicky Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
After a ride in the oven, they are ready!
Garlicky Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
I loved them on the side of chicken and Brussels sprouts.  Next time Pizza!

Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

2 (10 oz) containers cherry tomatoes, halved
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 375°F.  In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft and very fragrant. Good hot, cold, on pizza or with pasta!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments