A festive parade for your mouth! (King cake crack)

Have you ever seen a recipe and thought, I need to make that ASAP?  That happened to me when my friend posted this king cake crack to Facebook.  I was hosting book club the following weekend and had already finalized my menu.  Then I saw this crack and scrapped my dessert plans.  It is Carnival season and my favorite King Cake is always sold out and far away so this was the perfect stand in.

Y'all.  These are soooooooo good.  I have never considered myself a dessert person, but I could not stop eating this.  Maybe that is why they call it crack?!  It gives you all the flavors of king cake without the really hard task of making one.  The salted caramel, the cinnamon, the white chocolate, the sprinkles.  Holy cow it is a party in your mouth.

So if I haven't convinced you yet, try them anyway and you will see!  Bring the New Orleans Mardi Gras magic to your neck of the woods!  I will be making these again for sure!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

King Cake Crack
Festive little bites of goodness!
King Cake Crack
The cast.  It was a cold gray day in these parts.
King Cake Crack
I'm going to tell you to use more crackers.  But warning this makes a ton!  I brought leftovers to work.
King Cake Crack
It is funky looking before hardening.
King Cake Crack
But after, it looks like pretty bites of king cake!
King Cake Crack
You should pin it and make it!


King Cake Crack (Borrowed from Cake N Knife)

Ingredients

A bunch of saltine crackers (at least 40)
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz white chocolate + more for drizzling (optional)
Green decorative sugar
Yellow decorative sugar
Purple decorative sugar


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. Place saltine crackers side by side on the parchment paper.  Combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour the mixture evenly over the crackers. Use a greased spatula to spread over the crackers as needed.  Bake for 5 minutes.  Remove from oven. Top with white chocolate. Let rest 5 minutes. Use a spoon to spread the melted white chocolate evenly over the crackers.  Sprinkle green, yellow and purple decorative sugars over the crackers. Drizzle with additional white chocolate if desired. Cool in the freezer for 30 minutes. Break into pieces as best you can. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments