Show us your Books! What I read in August.

Hey Y'all! It is my first time linking up with Steph and Jana for Show us your Books!  I read a lot this month (for me) with two trips and lots of free time so I thought I would join in the fun!

When I went to Denver, I read the Last House Guest for my less serious book club.  I really enjoyed this one.  It had twists you didn't see coming and really good characters.  It also made me want to go to Maine!  I bought this at an Amazon books in Denver, it felt good to buy a book in person from Amazon!


Then I headed to the library when I got home and checked out Twisted Family Values.  I really liked this book.  It is a multigenerational story of a family that is cross between Parenthood and Arrested Development.  It made me feel good about my crazy family!


Next up was When We Believed In Mermaids as recommended by Steph .  She loved it, I trusted her and got it on my kindle for practically free.  I was right to trust her, such a good book, I cried and loved it!



Then it was time for the logistical trip from hell to Cincinnati for my cousin's wedding that I did not blog about because it was lovely and exhausting.  Suffice it to say, I am never flying United again.  The whole trip had issues with cancellations and delays.  Plus I had bought He Who No Longer Calls a ticket on my reservation and they kept asking where he was, even after I tried to cancel his ticket when we broke up. (By the way, we broke up a few months ago in case you hadn't deduced that.)

On the way there I read Mrs. Everything.  I love Jennifer Weiner and this one did not disappoint.  Yet another multigenerational tale that really tied the story nicely in a bow.  Great Character development, I learned a lot about Judaism and what being a closeted lesbian was like and cried my eyes out yet again.  


On the way home, I had so much time in the Chicago airport I read Inheritance: A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and Love in one sitting. This is my other book club's book.  I thought it was very interesting and a good short read.  It makes me curious how many other times this has been so blatantly obvious that a child was from the "wrong sperm."



I have another trip coming up this week to Austin so I hope to participate next month with some books!  Grab the button below and link up with Steph and Jana!

Life According to Steph

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments