Friday Favorites-What a week!

Hi Friends!  Happy Friday.  This has been a doozy of a week.  


Kevin was sent home from work Monday for the week because someone at his company tested positive for Covid.  Kevin tested negative thank goodness, but this also is going to be negative on his paycheck unfortunately.

It was my first week back in the office. I am scared to death and try not lo leave my office, but people come in to say hello way too much. And it was my week to be on duty so I have to interact with people that need notary service or serve lawsuits on us.  My hands are going to be raw from all the washing and sanitizer!  And I miss doing chores while on calls!

We had a hurricane blow through Wednesday. We took a direct hit from Zeta but we were very lucky, because it moved so fast.  My street floods if you sneeze hard usually but there was no flooding.  We did not have power for over 24 hours, but luckily I have been cleaning out the fridge so we didn't lose much.  Thank goodness we were safe and lucky this time!

Oh and it is Halloween and Daylight savings time this weekend.  Anything else 2020?!

 This is a heartwarming Covid story!  

I was going to shoot a blog post on these Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple-Turmeric Glaze but the electricity went out.  I posted the modified result on Instagram.  The only ingredient change I made was using half mirin and half white wine vinegar instead of the rice wine vinegar.  I salt and peppered the chops and sautèd them in a cast iron skillet instead of the grill, but followed the directions.  It was so good!  Try the sauce!

Image courtesy of Bon Appetit.

We are not planning on doing Halloween as we do not have kids, but the weather is so nice and we love sitting on the porch.  I don't want to give out candy, but that would kind of make me feel like an asshole sitting there waving!  We plan on going over to a friend's house to watch the LSU game during the day at least.  What are you doing for Halloween? Are you giving out candy?

Well I hope you have a spooky fun weekend and vote if you haven't already.  I voted last week.  Turnout is going to be crazy!  I am so glad so many people are exercising their rights!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments