Friday Favorites-It has been awhile!

Hi friends! Happy Friday.  Life is pretty boring in these parts and that makes me happy as pie!  Kevin had to go back to Texas so we are back doing long distance.  But that means he is working again, so score!  I am heading there for Mardi Gras, because it is canceled here even though we have the time off.  My new tenants are moving in then too. I can't wait!

I love this quote and I think we all need to hear it sometimes!  

I always have to love like I was never hurt and I would not have it any other way!  I have been having dance parties at night in my backyard before bed like I used to in my 20's.  Now, if only I didn't need the money!  Work has really been making me earn my reduced by corona pay lately!

Last weekend on Saturday, we did some day drinking at Bayou Beer Garden.  It is less than a mile from the house, so we walked and got some steps in.  Which made room for the first crawfish of the season!

On Sunday, Kevin and I took everything out of the shed.  Then, he built shelves and we organized.  I  have all the Christmas decorations in there now and have freed up space in our not so big house.  It is such a good feeling!

New shelves, who dis?

After that, I put up my newest Mardi Gras decorations!  With all the festivities canceled this year, everyone is really getting into decorating their home!

I won a giveaway on instagram recently for a free car detail.  I had it done this week.  My sweet little old car (she will be 7 on my birthday!) has never looked so good!  If you are local, check out Slate Detail.  They do an amazing job, and are so nice.


I have been trying to get some blog posts done now that I am home alone and I have such a backlog!  The ones I posted this week were cooked in October!  Last night I whipped up some beer cheese soup with kale and sausage and I cannot wait to share it with y'all! It was so good!


This weekend, we are celebrating my dad's 69th birthday.  As we did not have a true Christmas, he requested our usual Christmas menu.  I am making sweet potato casserole.  I also got him his and my favorite dessert, a Doberge cake, which is a true New Orleans treat!  I got it from the cleverly named Debbie does Doberge.

We also took a photo last weekend and are printing it on canvas for him. He is a very nostalgic guy and loves family photos. I can't wait to give it to him.  I am pretty sure he doesn't read the blog, so here is a sneak peak!

His three girls and the grandkids!

Well, there you have it!  I hope you have had a good week and have an even better weekend!  What do you have on tap?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments