Recapping the weekend-Work Work Work Work

 Hi friends!  Look at me with a recap!  Guess it is because I am home alone.  I had a great productive weekend. hope you did too!

On Friday, I watched my three nieces while my sister and brother in law went to dinner.  I picked up Taqueria Corona for us and totally forgot to get a pic! Suffice it to say, we enjoyed.  After that, we put little Ruby to bed and the older girls helped me make a gluten free cheesecake for my mom.  

She couldn't have regular dessert so now there would be two, we all win!

After that, we tried to craft with the gift I gave Abby for Christmas and gave up, it was hard!  We dove into watching Ramona and Beezus instead, our fave!

On Saturday, I woke up early for Pure Barre and then hit up Trader Joe's.  Here were some of my favorite finds!



After that, I cleaned my house like a crazy woman.  I vacuumed everything, dusted, bleached my sink, washed two loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom and furminated Bitsy.  Then I took a shower and headed to my parents' house to celebrate my my Daddy's birthday. We ate so well!

My baby sister and I grilled chicken.

Mom made Spinach Madeleine, I made Sweet Potato Casserole and middle sis made Squash Casserole.

The man and woman who made us each deserve a cake!

How you "blow out" candles during Covid!

I tried them both and could not finish both!

We gave him the family photo I showed you Friday.  He cried!  He was so happy we took a special photo just for his birthday.  It was such a sweet moment!

On Sunday, I took care of the yard.  I had been neglecting it and it was time!

Before

After!

Before

After

Nothing like some sunscreen, 75 degree weather and grunge music to help get the yard work done!  I deserved a manicure after that!

I always love You don't know Jacques this time of year!

I settled in for some Shark Tank with Bitsy after I cooked a gourmet dinner.  I will have that for you soon.

What a productive and family filled weekend.  I hope you had a great one too!  I know the weather has been rough in some parts, it was beautiful here but as I am writing this Sunday night, the temperature has dropped 30 degrees!

Tell me about your weekend!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments