Recapping the Weekend- Thanksgiving

Howdy friends!  Happy Monday.  I cannot believe I remembered to do a recap post!  The Saints didn't play yesterday so that is probably why!  I hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I sure did with mine.  Why is it that long weekends make you so tired on Monday?  We should feel refreshed!

I made pumpkin pie and sides for the big day.  I got out of work a little early on Wednesday and headed over to Kevin's mom and her husband's house in Abbeville.  We had a lovely dinner out and then stayed up to have a few drinks, catch up and talk about the wedding.  

On Thursday, the men set up the turkey frying apparatus while, of course, facebook was taunting me with the videos of turkey frying gone bad.  Luckily, we were fine!




How you doin'?

I got to check out some old pics of Kevin.  Check out this 90's action from one of his school dances!
He's going to kill me when he sees this, lol!

Also check out these amazing glasses his mom has!  I need some of these in my life!



Then we settled in for our feast!  We had the fried turkey, a pork roast, rice and gravy, spinach Madeleine, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, stuffed squash, and rolls.  What a spread!

Turkey!!

Stuffed Squash


And here is the recipe!  This is Kevin's late grandma's recipe!

Oh man, what a plate!  It was so good!

The next morning, Kevin's mom and I did a little Black Friday browsing at some boutiques.  We got home and started making the leftovers gumbo.  I chopped my little heart out and did not have one injury!  Kevin made an amazing roux, as usual!



So good!

We stayed up late watching the LSU basketball game and some movies.  I forgot how much I liked Ferris Bueller's day off! 

Saturday morning, we headed home and picked up my sister's dog for a playdate as they were out of town.  I went and did some Small Business Saturday shopping and picked up a few gifts on Magazine Street.  Then we made leftover turkey enchilada casserole with my homemade enchilada sauce.  Man, was it good!


Penny loved her chew toy I picked her up!  She usually chews on my shoes!


On Sunday, I got Pure Barre in and then we went and picked out a tree at a local church who has a tree lot.  We grabbed the first one we saw!  I made us some fancy turkey sandwiches with the rest of the leftover turkey for lunch and then got to decorating.

I need one more string of lights, they look so uneven!

Yes, I did keep his stocking while we were broken up!  I bought these in 2013!

Now, I am wondering who LSU will get as a coach as the two people I thought we would hire have taken other jobs.  

Other than that, it is all Christmas music all the time!  How was your Thanksgiving?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments