Recapping the weekend-Excited for what is to come

Hi friends!  Happy new week! I hope you had a great weekend.  This will be a short week for me since I am leaving Friday morning for the mountains!  And then I turn 40 when I get back.  I am ready to embrace it, age is just a number!


Well first...BIG NEWS!  I put an offer on a house and it was accepted!  Now I just have to hope nothing turns up in the inspection.  It is a duplex, so not only will I be a homeowner, but a landlord as well.  The house is historic like I like, although it has been altered to remove some character on the inside.  I have lots of projects I want to undertake in order to make it my own.  I am so excited!  The best part?  It is across the street; no moving van necessary. Jazz Fest house forever!

I did not document this weekend with photos, so this is a pretty boring post, lol.  

Friday evening I had a porch party with my old roommate, her boyfriend and his friend.  We had wine and snacks and enjoyed the weather and people watching.  I kicked them out early and went to bed early. I was so exhausted from the Foo Fighters Thursday night.

Saturday I went to Pure Barre and then walked over to Bayou Boogaloo.  I volunteered at the daiquiri booth to raise money for our neighborhood parks.  The people watching was awesome!  After, I had a glass of wine with my realtor while we waited to hear back from the seller...and then they accepted!  It was such a toastable moment.

On Sunday, I went to yoga as usual and then met my friends Jen and Elisabeth for lunch at St. James Cheese Company and a pedicure.  I went wild for my soon-to-be 40 year old toes.

This was much deserved after the crappy two months I have been having!
I made lunches for the week (My big Greek Salad) and then I settled in for Game of Thrones.  I am writing this before it airs so I can't wait to see what happens!  

Well there you have it.  This week is nuts with social engagements and work, I am so ready to be on a jet plane Friday!  What did you do this weekend?  Hope it was glorious.  Hope everyone has a lovely week!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments