Dirty Lettuce makes for a culinary adventure (My big Greek salad)

I love the Hollygrove Market.  I don't go often enough.  It is usually too much food for one person so I have to really like the ingredients in it or it has to have some items that will last more than a week. I got one recently and it had the perfect ingredients in it for a week's worth of breakfasts lunches and dinners.  Once such lunch was one of my favorite salads, I like to call it my big Greek salad.  The lettuce and creole tomatoes in the box would be perfect for it.

We take for granted the triple washed lettuce we get from the grocery store.  This was fresh from the ground and took a lot of work to get it clean!  Worth it for the great taste!  I call this Greek although it really isn't at all, maybe more Mediterranean.  The flavors of it work so well together and it u=is just briny enough for this pickle hater.  The finished picture has feta on it instead of mozzarella because it is a pic from the first time I made it.  Try this out, you will love it!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

The yummy cast





Searing my chicken in my non cancer causing pan
I am just not good at getting an even sear on stuff these days!
Creole tomatoes are the best.  It feels a bit early to have them around but who is complaining?
That's a pretty bell pepper.  A lovely shade of green.
Now that I have switched over to chicken thighs there is no looking back.  So much better.
That is some dirty lettuce!
After quite a bit of time it is all clean now!
Chop up the hearts.  They are so full of love.
Run your knife through the banana peppers real quick.  You don't want a bite with a whole one...or do you?
Toss it all up and enjoy!


My Big Greek salad

One head of romaine, chopped
two tomatoes, chopped
one green bell pepper sliced into rings and then in half
1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
1/4 cup of jarred banana peppers, roughly chopped.
1lb of grilled chicken, chopped (I seasoned mine with Cavender's Greek Seasoning and seared in a pan)
1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese or shredded mozzarella
3 green onions chopped

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Top with your favorite Greek Vinaigrette.  I used my favorite garlic one.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments