A very pretty salad (Asian Cobb salad with egg and avocado)

Sometimes I will make a salad for the week for lunch.  It is a good four day meal as usually something comes up at least once a week.  The unfortunate thing is I hurry up on a sunday and prep and parcel and then realize I forgot to blog!  I tried to salvage this post for my gentle readers because this salad is a great one!  Healthy, low carb and only good fat.  Yes I mean it, eggs are good fat!

This salad is also very pretty, so many colors!  I pinned it at about the time I was starting to wean myself over to the full little to no carb lifestyle two years ago.  I used fresh satsumas instead of canned because it is healthier, and citrus season meant lots of local satsumas to be had! And haw can you go wrong with avocado in a salad? It is like music in your mouth!

The dressing is a bit heavy on sesame flavor so watch that if you don't love it.  I plan on making more salads as swimsuit season nears.  I need some ideas, anyone have some?  Make this one if you are so inclined, you will not regret it. Full recipe after the montage.

I cooked the chicken beforehand.  I seasoned it with salt and pepper.
The cast is already to be packed up.  I finally made easy peel eggs.  I just rinsed in cold water to stop the cooking. 

I mean, that is a pretty salad, right?

Asian Cobb Salad (adapted from Nature Box blog)
Ingredients:
1 (9-ounce) package romaine salad
1/3 cup grated carrots
1/3 cup cooked shredded chicken
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 avocado, diced
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 satsumas, peeled and segmented.

For the sesame vinaigrette:
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon soy sauce

To make the vinaigrette, whisk together rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.  To assemble the salad, place greens in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of carrots, chicken, green onions, avocado, eggs and mandarin oranges. Serve immediately with sesame vinaigrette.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments