A very pretty salad (Asian Cobb salad with egg and avocado)

Sometimes I will make a salad for the week for lunch.  It is a good four day meal as usually something comes up at least once a week.  The unfortunate thing is I hurry up on a sunday and prep and parcel and then realize I forgot to blog!  I tried to salvage this post for my gentle readers because this salad is a great one!  Healthy, low carb and only good fat.  Yes I mean it, eggs are good fat!

This salad is also very pretty, so many colors!  I pinned it at about the time I was starting to wean myself over to the full little to no carb lifestyle two years ago.  I used fresh satsumas instead of canned because it is healthier, and citrus season meant lots of local satsumas to be had! And haw can you go wrong with avocado in a salad? It is like music in your mouth!

The dressing is a bit heavy on sesame flavor so watch that if you don't love it.  I plan on making more salads as swimsuit season nears.  I need some ideas, anyone have some?  Make this one if you are so inclined, you will not regret it. Full recipe after the montage. Linking up with the folks at Meal Plan Monday!

I cooked the chicken beforehand.  I seasoned it with salt and pepper.
The cast is already to be packed up.  I finally made easy peel eggs.  I just rinsed in cold water to stop the cooking. 

I mean, that is a pretty salad, right?

Asian Cobb Salad (adapted from Nature Box blog)
Ingredients:
1 (9-ounce) package romaine salad
1/3 cup grated carrots
1/3 cup cooked shredded chicken
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 avocado, diced
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 satsumas, peeled and segmented.

For the sesame vinaigrette:
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon soy sauce

To make the vinaigrette, whisk together rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.  To assemble the salad, place greens in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of carrots, chicken, green onions, avocado, eggs and mandarin oranges. Serve immediately with sesame vinaigrette.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments