Five for Friday! French Quarter Fest!

Hello all!  Happy Friday!  So glad the week is over!  It was a long one at work but a fun one on the evenings!  Hope yours was excellent!  This weekend is French Quarter Fest here in New Orleans.  It is the World's largest free outdoor music festival!  Not sure how much of it I will get to see since I have a lot other things going on this weekend, but should be fun for all!

ONE

I got my first Blogger freebie!  A Keurig K575!  It is so damn fancy!  I love making coffee  and tea in a flash!  I am usually a french press girl and I still love it, but man this is convenient!  I also got the thing where you can put your own grinds in it and not use a k cup!  Love it!  It is totally worth the price for the convenience! Thanks Influenster!



TWO

I went and saw M83 this week with my two music loving ladies Jen and Cary.  They were amazing! I've seen a lot of live music and in my opinion this was such a great show, except for the fact that they did not play Kim and Jessie.  That was my jam in 2007 and was my road trip anthem.  The light show was amazing and the sound mixing was so impressive.  They sounded so amazing!



THREE

This weekend I am trying yoga on the stand up paddleboard.  I am so excited and so damn nervous! Have you tried it?  I have been stand up paddle boarding but this is a new and exciting experience!

FOUR

I also went to Cocktails and Curds at the Southern Food and Beverage museum this week.  It paired cheese from the local favorite St. James Cheese Company with craft cocktails from New Orleans' best baretenders.  The cheese was amazing and most of the cocktails were too.  It was so cool to finally see the museum, I hadn't seen it before and I was very impressed!





FIVE

I am hosting book club this weekend!  I have not hosted anything more than a Sweet Swine of Mine meeting here so I am nervous about the space, it's tiny up in My Shitty Kitchen! On the menu:  Bacon wrapped pineapple, King Ranch casserole and spiked punch, along with some other yummy things.  I will have a full post with recipes soon!  We read Eating the Cheshire Cat.  It was hysterical.  I think we all finally read it for once!


What do you have going on for the weekend?  Hope you have a good one!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments