A good use for all those Corona snacks! (Cheez-it crusted pork chop)

Since all I am doing is staying in, let's have more food posts shall we? I was leaving the tailgate for the National Championship and they were handing out souvenirs.  I say souvenir, but it was just bags of Cheez-its.  I took the swag and threw them in my food cupboard.  A few weeks later I was organizing the cupboard and saw the cheez-its.  And I had a very good idea to crust a pork chop with them!  

I have psyllium husks laying around to help lower my cholesterol and they are so hard to swallow.  But what if I used them as bread crumbs?  There is an idea!  I made myself an assembly line and made sure I added mustard to the batter, it is my new favorite meat moistener!  

Well this was so dang good!  I bet it would be delightful on chicken or fish too!  And it is a great use of those snacks you are trying not to eat while stuck at home.  Try this with any cracker.  And the kiddos will like it too!  Stay safe and well out there friends!  Sending lots of love to everyone! Full recipe to follow the montage.

Cheez-it Crusted Pork Chops
I wish I would have stocked up on Cheez-its for the coronacation! Doesn't this look so good?
Cheez-it Crusted Pork Chops
The simple cast.
Cheez-it Crusted Pork Chops
Assembly line time!
Cheez-it Crusted Pork Chops
Before
Cheez-it Crusted Pork Chops
After!
Cheez-it Crusted Pork Chops
So easy and so yummy!  Pin it for later!

Cheez-it Crusted Pork Chops

4 boneless pork chops
2 snack size bags of Cheez-its, ground (I used my ninja)
2 tablespoons psyllium husks or 1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil

Season pork chops with salt and pepper.  Combine the ground cheez-its and husks or bread crumbs in a bowl.  Beat the eggs and add the mustard in another bowl.  Dip the pork chops in egg mixture and then Cheez-it mixture to coat.  Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.  Add pork chops to pan, heat on each side for 7 minutes or until temperature safe.  Serve!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments