You don't need a taco! (Keto Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa)

Instead of a Friday favorites packed with screenshots of my facetimes and a comparison of how messy my home office is to my work office, I bring you an amazing and easy recipe you should make when your store finally has avocados again!

I was ready to make my last batch of cebollitas with all the produce the Chinese restaurant gave me and needed something to have with it.  I was thinking tacos as I had everything for them, but I wanted to keep it light since I am sheltered in place and eating all the snacks.  I was playing on Pinterest and up popped this recipe for Keto Grilled Chicken with avocado salsa.  Basically a taco without the shell, cheese or sour cream!  Score.  And I had all the ingredients on hand as a bonus.

This is a really easy chunky guacamole recipe and I had the leftovers with some plantain chips as a snack.  This is perfect if you are craving tacos but want to stay on your keto or low carb diet.  I will be putting this one on the regular rotation for sure!  Make this and you will thank me later!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

Keto Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
A perfect low carb pair!
Keto Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
A simple cast, made even simpler since I forgot the jalapeno!
Keto Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Add them all to a bowl and let them mingle before you stir.
Keto Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Saute that chicken on up.  You can also grill it, if you prefer!

Keto Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Pin it and make your taste buds happy later!

Keto Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa (Adapted from Gimme Delicious)

For the Marinaded Chicken:
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
2 garlic cloves finely minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup cilantro chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 a light beer (drink the rest)
1/2 tsp. cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp salt or to taste
¼ tsp black pepper

Avocado Salsa
2 avocados diced
2 small (or 1 large tomato) chopped
¼ cup red onion chopped
1 jalapeno de-seeded and chopped (optional)
1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
fresh cracked pepper & salt to taste


In a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the marinade. Pound the chicken to even thickness and add to the bowl of marinade. Mix through until the chicken is fully coated in the marinade. Marinate for 30-minutes or up to 12 hours.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large heavy-duty skillet set at medium high. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes per side or until the inside is cooked through and the outside looks charred. Top with fresh avocado salsa and serve immediately.

To Make Avocado Salsa
While the chicken is grilled, combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap in the fridge until ready to use.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments