Recapping the weekend-Football is back but not better

 Hi friends!  Welcome to a new week!  The weather is staying nice so that is making me really happy.  Hope it is lovely in your neck of the woods as well!

We got the word that we will be going back to work in person very soon and I am kind of sad about it.  I was in a really good routine working from home!  I am so lucky to still have a job and still make what I was making before all this started and I have to remember that!

On Friday, we went to happy hour at the new Trep's for my work bestie's 50th birthday.  She doesn't look a day over 38!  I had a frozen Paloma and it was so good!


Saturday was nothing but football!  We watched College Gameday and then I went to Pure Barre and Kevin went for a bike ride.  Then we settled in on the porch for a full day of college football!

The weather is insane!  We never get to do stuff like this during the day!
I found a new local beer.  The brewery is less than a mile from my house!

Even Bitsy got in on the action!

Well the football didn't go so well, but the experience was fun!  And my neighbors had a concert on their porch towards the end of the game so we went and participated in that!  We walked over to Catty Shack after to have tacos and then settled in for the late games.

On Sunday, Kevin went to Baton Rouge to take care of some things and I went to brunch with my friend Becca for some belated birthday love for her.  We went to Molly's Rise and Shine.  It was so good! The dining room is closed but you can order food and sit at the tables outside. They got denied a liquor permit last year (I work at City Hall so I knew that!) so we brought our own champagne and bought OJ for mimosas!  Many people were jealous of our champagne!

I seriously can't believe it was the first time I went there!

Biscuit sandwich for the win! We got the same thing, without mayo, even though it looks like it has it.

Best friends since second grade!  I love this lady so much!

We hung at her house for a bit and sat on the porch enjoying the weather.  I headed home to walk Bitsy and watch the Saints and Kevin called to say he wouldn't be home till late.  I haven't been alone in awhile so I did what my normal self would have for a Sunday night game alone, a steak and kale salad!

Perfect medium rare and literally only a 1/4 of the kale that was in my produce box!

It was just a great weekend. Fall weather, football on the porch with my man (even though we lost), best friend time, and puppy snuggles.  I seriously want to pinch myself.  Covid is still making life weird, but I am making do as much as I can, and it is slowly feeling normal...especially since my Instagram is back!

If only I did not have to deal with my family on politics and boycotting football.  I needed this this weekend!


I am so ready for this election to be over.  I work in local politics and have always loved politics. I usually nerd out on election results, and probably will anyway.  But I am seriously done.  I said I was done in 2012 and 2016, but now I mean it!  I miss when we could be civil!

How was your weekend?  Hope it was lovely!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments