Recapping the Weekend-Single Mom life for Aunt Missy

Hi friends!  Welcome to a super short work week!  Just a few days until it is family and food time!!  I am still in single mom mode as my sister doesn't get back until tomorrow.  Ruby has been a dream, if all kids were like her, the world would be even more overpopulated!  Linking up with Biana for weekending, here we go!

Thursday night after Ruby went down I hosted friendsgiving for my "less serious" book club.  It was so delightful to see these lovely ladies.  I made a turkey breast in the crockpot and spinach madeleine. Which I did not blog in time for this week, sorry friends.  Other ladies brought Waldorf salad, sweet potato casserole, shrimp and mirliton casserole and pie.  It was so fun!

A lovely spread
Friday I picked up Ruby and we had a little happy hour on the porch.  Her snuggles are the best!

Such a beautiful afternoon!
 Friday night, my sweet Daddy sat at home while Ruby slept so my mom and I could go back to our high school, Archbishop Chapelle for Cocktails in the Courtyard.  All alums are invited and there was an open bar, a taco bar, and a souvenir all for $30.  And you got to tour the school.  It was so nice to connect with the girls in my class and ones that were older than me, especially since I skipped my 20 year reunion this year.

All the members of the class of 1997 in attendance. I did not do a split this year as I am known to do. 
Saturday my mom came and played with Ruby so I could go to pure barre and meet my sweet friend Jen for lunch at Bearcat Cafe.  It was so good to catch up with her as she travels full time for work.
Homemade strawberry lemonade, so good!



I got the vegan rancheros with sweet potato tortillas, so good!

Saturday night we had a fun night of cooking Gumbo, watching LSU beat Tennessee and watching the election results.  New Orleans elected their first woman mayor ever, and an African American one at that. She has a fascinating story. We also elected our first Asian American female council member. Such diversity, showing the true makeup of this melting pot city!

The cutest sous chef ever.  She was dancing to the Alabama Shakes with me!

Snuggles with Gentleman Caller.  She's too sweet!

The gumbo was divine!  Just in time for our cold front!

There was more fun on Sunday but alas single mom hits!  Have a great short week!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments