Friday Somethings

Hey y'all.  Life has been so chaotic, hence the relative quietness here.

It has been unseasonably cold and I don't wanna! (in the 40's during the day in New Orleans before Thanksgiving?!?)

I am still getting back into the swing after my trip to Mexico (recap coming Monday hell or high water!)

I have social stuff going on with DG and other committees.

I have been working late and Gentleman Caller was out of town for work.

I am going to Baton Rouge this weekend to repeat last year's fun and tailgate with my pledge class!

I love my pledge sisters and LSU!
Thanksgiving is nigh!  I can't wait even though I am not looking forward to working off all the calories since I feel like forthcoming 40 is literally hitting me like a ton of bricks!

I will be back soon in full force with all the yummy food I have eaten lately to cause that ton of bricks even though it is healthy and full of Covey Rise Veggies.

It is so funny how sometimes all you want is an outlet because you feel so alone and scared and then you wake up three and a half years later and wonder how you had the time to create the outlet or care to be scared.  Life is funny like that and I am so thankful that is the way it is for me.

This is the time of year to reflect on what we are thankful for, and man am I thankful for the bad stuff that has led me to the good stuff that I am even more thankful to have!

I hope you all have a great weekend and get after some turkey and goodness next week with people you love!  That recap will be up Monday though as promised, come hell or high water!

What is on tap for you this weekend?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments