Prepping for the week ahead Aug.3-9

Another wonderful weekend of relearning how to be single. Saw one of my favorite bands, My Morning Jacket kill it live Friday night. Some fun family time and day drinking (the best kind in my book) also. It's Sunday so that means prepping for the busy week at My Shitty Kitchen. I'll be doing make ahead green smoothies all week for after pure barre. The trials and tribulation of trying to make them ahead of time will be featured in a post soon. I finally got it right!

I'm making a recipe for lunch I pinned awhile back from cooking light, cauliflower and chickpea salad over quinoa. I will do a later post on that and see how it comes out. 

Tomorrow night heading to a friend's new house to help unpack so there won't be real cooking until Tuesday when I recreate this 


Then hump day I will try out a new method I saw for cooking frozen steaks. Preview that here http://www.businessinsider.com/never-thaw-frozen-steaks-before-cooking-2014-8

It's hatch chile season so I'll be making a soup with that later in the week. For now I'm trying to teach my pup to potty in the backyard that has mud but no grass. No such luck. 

Happy Sunday and happy cooking!

Missy


No comments