Recapping the Weekend- Fun times in the City!

Hello my dear readers.  I was excited to have a weekend away from my mood and it was great.  And then the Saints went and lost in the most bizarre fashion to date, I think.  I mean really!  At least I had fun, saw so many friends and LSU won.  Let's get into the recap!

My friends and I attended the Howling Success Gala Friday night to benefit the Louisiana SPCA. The theme was pop culture and we decided to dress as Gilligan's Island.  I think we did pretty good!  I was Ginger.  

Love this group!
There was fun dancing, a drag show,  a silent auction, lots of yummy food and lots of wine, just what the doctor ordered!
Saturday I went on over to my favorite place to get local produce, Hollygrove Market.  I got the Box. And for $25, I got all of this!  Will be eating well all week!



Saturday night we had our fundraising event for the LSU game to raise money for our Hogs for the Cause team.  We made a good but of money and the Tigers won!

We sold Jambalaya from my pal Kristen.  Get some it's really good!

And we had a 50/50 raffle.  The winner gave us some money back!

Sunday I had a relaxing day of giving myself a blow out, watching the Saints lose and making gumbo.  Just kidding about the relaxing, hee hee.

You can find my gumbo recipe here.

This week should be  great one!  Heading to a fun event tonight that was cancelled last week due to weather and then work work work work work the rest of the week!  How was your weekend?  What did you do?  Hope you have a great week!
Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments