Weekend recap -spontaneous city love!

I could not get this to go last night so publishing this recap late.  What a fantastic weekend I had full of fun, family, friends and food.  Hope yours was everything you wanted!  Linking up with Biana for weekending.  

Friday night I went to the 610 Stompers Stompermania Ball.  Every year the group has a themed soiree.  I had not been in years and I don't know why.  So much fun! This year it was wrestling themed.  There was a great local band Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes standing in as an 80's cover band and then DJ Jubilee playing all the old school hip hop hits.
Me and Mel B. channeling our inner WWE characters 

The thumb wrestlers won the costume contest.

They ran out of food so they were just handing out pizza everywhere.

I can't believe we still looked in tact after all the dancing we did.

Saturday morning I somehow got up to schelp out to watch my niece play soccer with my parents.  She did so well!  I then rested up as it was a busy weekend.
Saturday evening the gentleman caller and I had date night,  We went to 3 Muses for small plates and music. The food was really yummy!We got a meat and cheese plate that I forgot to capture first.

The Squash and pepperonata salad was so fresh!
Fish tacos are always a good choice!


Steak and cake.  Hangar steak over a crab cake.  So yummy!

I love this place, it is so cute! We strolled the Art Market after.
We went to Blue Nile and there was Johnny Sketch, again! But this time playing their own music!  

Some much needed brunch the next day occurred at Toast.  This is the ratatouille toast.  So good!

I popped over to Crescent Park for a stroll after to get some sun, exercise and practice with my camera.

Finally, we grilled out with some pals for the Superbowl.  What a game!

It was a great and spontaneous weekend and it made me so happy to get to spend so much time with great people and enjoy the beautiful weather.  Hope you did the same!  See you back here tomorrow with some yummy recipes!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments