Five for Friday-What an expensive week!

Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  With Prime Day and Nordstrom Sale, it has been an expensive week.  Get here soon Mr. Postman, please!  Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites.  She is the reason I have two pairs of shoes heading my way!  Let's get down to it shall we?

ONE:

My five favorite things from the Nordstrom haul:

This one caught my eye when the catalog came!
I needed new work pumps and decided to get a nice pair

These Spanx faux leather leggings will be on me all fall!

This is my all time favorite shirt, I already have it in teal and black.

New workout pants to treat myself for working out 6 days a week!
I also got my favorite bra, a sports bra, some jeans and a cute work outfit.  Can't wait to get it all! Did you shop?  What are some of your favorites?

TWO:

It is election qualifying week here in New Orleans.  I am super interested in it as I work in local government and it affects my job.  I was a bit taken aback by this fellow who is running for mayor. It was interesting to say the least.



THREE:

In case you missed it this week, I made something real pretty I had to show off!  Make this this summer while you have the all that zucchini you always complain about having too much of!


FOUR:

I went and saw Roxane Gay talk about her new book, Hunger, with my baby sister Wednesday night. I was fascinated but her candor about so many things, but what she said about quitting smoking really hit home for me.  She quit 9 years ago and I quit almost 5 years ago (August 8th is my quit day).  It is still a struggle every dang day and she made me feel better that I am not alone.  As she said, "Oh man I miss that every day."  I still do too most days, it is so weird.  But you know what is easier than missing smoking?  Breathing.  Running.  Taking the stairs.  Mind over matter is a powerful thing!  Do you struggle with something like that?

FIVE:

I have my "less serious" Book Club this weekend!  I love these ladies!  We read Sellevision by Augusten Burroughs.  It was a throwback hit!  We are having a slumber party brunch and maybe some pool time if the weather holds out, fingers crossed.  Then it is the Game of Thrones Final season premiere with Gentleman Caller.  I am so sad it is almost over! Do you watch or read?

Well there you have it!  Hope you have a fantastic weekend filled with friends and/or family and fun! See you next week!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments