Recapping the Weekend-I need a person to clean my house

Hi friends!  Welcome to week eleventy billion of corona quarantine.  I think we will be emerging in a few weeks, but I'm nervous!  What about your neck of the woods?

On Friday, I picked up my Covey Rise share as usual and picked up lunch at St. James Cheese Co.  Usually I get a salad, but my two high school best friends and I had a little too much wine on Zoom on Thursday night and I needed some grease!  I got a grilled cheese sandwich and chips.  It was so good!


Looks like summer is here!
Friday night I chatted on zoom with some other friends and started a book.

On Saturday, I woke up early and doubled up on Pure Barre.  We are doing a challenge this month to do 15 classes in 15 days and I thought why not!  After that, I spent the whole day deep cleaning my house.  I bleached the sinks, and dusted and vacuumed the whole house.  As I was going through the attachments to my vacuum I never looked through, I saw there was a dust mop attachment.  I thought vacuuming my hard wood floors and spot cleaning was enough.  Apparently not!

I mean, how gross is that?!  In my defense, I just did it for the first time and this place was a rental forever!
Then I decided to clean out my fridge. I took everything out, discarded what was expired and hand washed all the shelves and drawers. 

Before

After!  I live alone, remember. That is why there is pretty much hummus and veggies and alcohol in there!

I took a toothbrush with diluted bleach to the door jam.  It was black when I started.  Blech!
Saturday night, I ordered a pizza and started Mrs. America on Hulu.  I knew who Phyllis Schlafly was before this, but I did not know how crazy her effect on the ERA was.  Cate Blanchett deserves an Emmy!  This is a good history lesson and full of things that make you think about the choices we woman can make and how we really couldn't before.  Definitely worth a watch!

I was trying to recreate an old fave.  I forgot to tell them to add green pepper.  I missed it!
Sunday was Mother's Day.  I went and visited my mom and the family had a social distance BBQ.  It was nice to see the fam, but I felt a bit guilty being in a group.

Well there you have it.  Being in my house so much is teaching me how hard it is to keep it really clean.  Kevin comes home Tuesday! I am sure he will appreciate the cleaning!  It will be weird and so awesome to share this strange time with someone.  

Hope all you moms, dog and cat moms, step moms, aunts who act as moms, and still hopeful mom's had a great Mother's Day!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments