Friday Favorites Big Birthdays!

Hi friends!  Happy Friday.  Hope you had a great week and your weekend will be even better!


Well, we were just getting used to football and getting our porchgate game perfected and now, no football this weekend.  The LSU game was canceled because like half the Florida Gators have Covid and the Saints are already on bye.  I had a feeling football was totally not going to go smoothly!

No matter!  We are going to do porchgate anyway and smoke a brisket and cheer for Georgia to beat the Saban-less Alabama.  Sorry Nadine...and you are welcome Lindsay!

Yesterday was my grandmother's 90th birthday!  Isn't she a cutie?

We are having a large, outdoor, socially distanced, bring your own food picnic to celebrate her on Sunday.  She and my grandfather (who is 96!) have 5 children, 17 grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren and counting.  Plus spouses and Kevin (hee hee, I am so passive aggressive). We are all going to be outside in the lawn and they will be on the porch.  I do not know how the heck this is going to work, but when you turn 90, you have to celebrate!

I am making chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing to share with the group.  I will be wearing gloves and a mask while I make them!

That day is also my momma's 64th birthday!  Makes me think of the Beatles song!  We will celebrate her too!

Well, what are you up to this weekend?  Or anything interesting lately you have found?  Hope you have a good one!

Happy Cooking!

Missy


No comments