Recapping the weekend-This weather y'all!

Hey y'all!  Welcome to a new week.  It is what I think is my last week working from home.  We were supposed to go back today but I asked for another week because I am scared we are not ready.  The call came just after the President announced he had it, so I felt that was a bit of poor timing.  I work in a very old building with horrible airflow, I just want to wait until we have a vaccine!

I had a lovely weekend just enjoying the weather.  And two wins in football by LSU and the saints!

On Friday, my work friends and I met for an outdoor socially distanced lunch.  The weather was just amazing.  I came home and finished up work and then Kevin and I had happy hour and takeout dinner from 1000 Figs on the porch.  Then the whole neighborhood was outside looking at the beautiful moon, Mars, Venus and Saturn.  I could not believe how clear they were to the naked eye!  This iPhone pic doesn't do it justice!  That is Mars just to the left of the moon and it looked red!


On Saturday, I went to Pure Barre and told Kevin I wanted my windows pried open by the time I got back.  They are painted shut and I have been trying to get them open for over a year.  Not only did he do that, he trimmed the tree that is up against the house and used the weedeater on the tiny patch of grass in the front!  Talk about earning his keep!

I love all the features on old houses!

We decided to spend the entire day on the porch watching football and grilling.  He coined it "porchgate."  We love tailgating and going to LSU games, so why not improvise!

TV outside and my anchor Tom's on, accidentally!  We were playing Vandy!


He decided to smoke some jerk rubbed wings.  They were so good!  I only wish I would have made my jerk bbq sauce!


We watched the LSU game and and then called it a night.  It was a long day of football!

On Sunday morning, we woke up and had coffee on the porch and then went for a bike ride.  He dropped me off at yoga in the park and then he continued his ride.  I hadn't gone to my brewery yoga class since the pandemic started and I was going every Sunday back then.  It was such a nice class and it was so nice to ride my bike there.  I felt very zen.

When we got home, we decided to treat ourselves to Shake Shack. I had never had it before and I am hooked now!  The hot fries are awesome!


The rest of the day was just lazing on the couch with the windows open.  I am getting used to these football weekends already!

How was your weekend? What did you get into?  Hope it was fabulous!

Happy Cooking!

Missy


No comments