Friendly Inspiration Strikes Again! (Honey Sriracha Glazed Meatballs)

Today we have Danielle from Sparkles and Lattes to thank for this delicious post.  I had some eggplant that was going to be had for dinner, but I could not decide on a protein.  We had chicken the two nights before.  I had one pork chop and now I make dinner for two.  I had some ground pork, but it was not enough for anything.  I was perusing my cookbooks and nothing.  Then I saw her What's up Wednesday post and she listed these lovely meatballs as something they were having for dinner that week.  I clicked through and said, "that's it!"  I grabbed a little ground turkey to add to my pork and I was ready with everything else in the pantry.

Holy cow, these were good! They were spicy, sweet, sticky and so filling.  Kevin asked to put them on the rotation, and you can be sure we will!  I changed them up from the original just a bit, and I think those changes made them even better.   I made half the meatballs it called for but all of the sauce.  I always love sauce!  Make these, you will love them and want to make them all the time!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

Honey Sriracha glazed meatballs
Some saucy little meatballs!

Honey Sriracha glazed meatballs
The cast.  That egg looks like an onion!

Honey Sriracha glazed meatballs
Making of meatballs and blogging while doing same requires an assistant if you want action shots.

Honey Sriracha glazed meatballs
These would be good with any sauce!
Honey Sriracha glazed meatballs
But oh man, this sauce is good!

Honey Sriracha glazed meatballs
Pin them for when dinner plans are needed!

Honey Sriracha Meatballs (Adapted from Eat Yourself Skinny
Serves 2 with leftovers

Ingredients
For the meatballs:

1 lb. lean ground turkey (I used a combo of turkey and pork
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 egg
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small shallot, minced
1/4 cup minced green onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
For the sauce:
1/4 cup Sriracha
3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix together turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic, shallot and salt/pepper until well combined. Shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls and place spaced apart on prepared baking sheets lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
While the meatballs are baking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will start to thicken) then toss with the meatballs.  Top with more green onions for garnish.
Serve immediately over brown rice and top with green onions and a few sesame seeds. Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments