Recapping the weekend-Big Birthday!

 Hello! With football season being over and cold weather settling in, Sundays are back for me to meal prep and blog!  I feel a resurgence of blogginess, so here we go with a recap!

On Friday, Kevin came home with a new truck!  His Raptor was giving him trouble and the dealership made him a trade in offer he couldn't refuse.  This new truck is so fancy and makes me want to join the technology as my car is getting old!



We had a long overdue date night after he showed me the truck.  We had reservations at the yummy Blue Giant at 8:15, so we went for a cocktail first at Barrel Proof.

A martini for him, a Sazerac for me.

We had a delicious dinner after.  The last time we went here was two years ago during Mardi Gras.  It was a great memory of real life and a hopeful sign that we are returning to normal!

kung pao rice cakes with brussels sprouts

dry chili chicken

Their fortune cookies are hilarious!

We went for a nightcap at Courtyard brewery after.  We had some great talks about our future, the wedding and current events.  I swear I fall in love with him more and more every day!


On Saturday, I went to a great pure barre class and then picked up a cake for my dad's birthday party. He turns 70 this week and we had a small gathering to celebrate this milestone!

His fave!  A doberge cake from Debbie Does Doberge


Me with my parents and grandparents.  My grandpa will be 98 in 10 days!

Me and my middle sister.  Good thing my sleeves made us not twins!

He had the best time!  His wine glass says "39 again!"

Sunday was meal prep and blogging.  Feels like old times!  I made chicken for my daily salad and packed those, split up some meat I got at Costco and did a bunch of laundry.

It was a great weekend and I am ready for another long week of work.  How was your weekend?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments