Five For Friday-California Dreaming

Hi friends!  Happy Friday.  I left yesterday so I am already in cold (WTF?) Los Angeles.  I will be back next week with a recap. I STILL don't have my car back in other WTF news!  Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites, here we go!

ONE:

Why am I in LA?  I am visiting my Cousin Chelsea and meeting her sister (also my cousin) who is flying in from Ohio.  You will remember Chelsea ran the Chicago Marathon last year.   I am so excited to see their smiling faces.

TWO:

Speaking of marathons, I have not run in a really long time.  I used to run at least two miles a day back in my 20's/early 30's;  and I was smoking almost a pack a day then (gross!). I ran my last 5k  in 2013 and smoked my last pack of cigarettes in 2012 and really haven't run since. It is time I get back in running shape.  Not having a car to get to Pure Barre has had me embrace walking and biking more, so why not add some cardio in my life? I started couch to 5k this week and so far so good, maybe I will run a 5k again soon!

THREE:

In case you missed this awesome Crockpot hack I posted yesterday, run and do not walk.  Your life is instantly easier.  What should I double crock next?!

FOUR:

Hogs for the Cause is next weekend!  I am going to be a busy bee next week preparing.  If you care to help out and donate a little to our cause of helping families of children suffering from Pediatric Brain Cancer, we take donations in any amount to https://www.paypal.me/sweetswine. All of the teams (we have almost 90!) donations and sales at the event are pooled together and divvied out in grants to the registered families to do whatever they would like. Last year our team sponsored a family for Christmas. Their 20 month old had brain cancer and both parents work grueling minimum wage jobs. We had enough left over to send them a Walmart gift card to get groceries. Seeing the smiles on the children's faces on Christmas morning was the best feeling in the world!

The hottest smoking team out there!

FIVE:

I thought of Emily's last weekend post when drones were on this list of cheapish things to keep you occupied.  My usual fave is an Adult coloring book, a habit I picked up on a trip to North Carolina and do not do enough.  I am trying to do more things than read and watch TV to bide my time, what are your favorites?

Well there you have it,  have a great weekend!  What are you up to?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments