Recapping the Weekend-Los Angeles

Hi friends, Happy Tuesday.  I am back from LA and reality.  Time to get ready for Hogs, but also have to get back to driving (!) Pure Barre and work.  Linking up with Biana for weekending.  Get ready for a pic heavy recap!

Thursday night we went to the delicious and totally inexpensive Ca Del Sole.  The place was so cute and so yummy!  I had to indulge and get pasta.

Bucatini all’ Amatriciana
I like living below sea lavel
Friday I went on a run and then we drove around the hills.  I got seriously car sick.  I can't live in hilly places!

We hit up Laurel Tavern for a beer before dinner.  I was so excited to try some California beer.  I also was excited because they let me pick the dinner place!

A very high lovely Double IPA from Big Sur.
We had dinner right down the road at the Bellwether.  My cousin had never been. We got reservations to sit at the counter overlooking the kitchen.   The food was amazing!  I loved it so much I wrote a yelp review!
The menu

Overviewing the restaurant.

I only got the Brussels Sprouts on film.
Look at those fries!

Look how funny the kitchen people are in the background!

Saturday we went to Aroma Tea and Coffee.  This place was so cute and the food was amazing.  We saw Chrissy Metz from This is Us.  We decided not to bother her for a photo.

The Everything Bagel BTLA.  So good!

Then we commenced Saturday fun day at the Abbey for a drag show, it was a blast!

Then we headed to Pump.  I have never watched any of the Bravo shows so I did not understand why it was a must do.  It was such a beautiful space!  We were enjoying some drinks when some rude overindulger came up to the bar and vomited right next to us!  It was the most bizarre thing!
  
I had to get a Pumptini!  It was really good!

When in Rome!
We made a quick pit stop to Good Times at Davy Wayne's.  It was like stepping back in time.  The bartender and I talked Louisiana since he was from there and he comped our drinks!  I am not sure it was worth it to stand in line for this place, but I guess that is LA.

Quite the selection!

As if we did not eat and drink enough at this point, we went to El Compadre for Mexican.  The decor was awesome, I loved how divey it was.  It was good old school Mexican, but we maybe should have eaten earlier. 

There is a Tostada under all that lettuce!
Sunday we met up with my friend Adrienn that moved to LA recently for a Sunday Funday in Malibu.  We headed to Malibu Wines.  I loved this place.  An outdoor setting with live music and wine for sale and you can bring your own food!  Some people were having a baby shower out there!

Adrienn and I.  Can't wait to come back for her wedding next month!

Our Trader Joe's spread.
 Then we headed to Malibu Cafe.  It was kind of similar, but there was country music playing and it was family friendly.  And you can't bring your food.  This is where Lauren Graham's wedding was on Parenthood! 

I took a photo for a family posing in these after

Such a great spot! 
We ubered back to Studio City and I opted to go home and pack. Big mistake, look who my cousin ran into when she went back to Laurel Tavern!?  Justin Hartley from This is US!
It was a very This is Us weekend!
I got back yesterday and went straight to pick up my beloved Audi that was in the shop for a full month!  I had to get used to driving it again!


Finally!

Well there you have it.  Time to recuperate is not in the cards for me so we will just keep going!  Have you been to LA?  What was your highlight?  I felt like we didn't do much touristy stuff, but isn't that always how it is when you visit friends and family?

See you back soon with some food!

Happy Cooking!

Missy


No comments