Recapping the Weekend-Besties!

Hey friends!  Happy new week.  Hope you had a nice weekend celebrating the dads in your life!  I had a great day yesterday with my  main dad's: my dad, grandpa and Gentleman Caller.  Before that I went to Fairhope, Alabama to visit my best friend of 30 years, Toni. 

Looking great for almost 40!
Friday night we went to Camellia Cafe and had a delightful meal.  We had a few drinks after too.
New Orleans girls can't pass up an artichoke!

We split the special salads, quail and crabcake.

The next day the kids built a fort while we planned our day and recovered from a late night.
Saturday night was wine and catching up, purging some closets (what are friends for?) and dinner by My Shitty Kitchen on the road!


I promised I would only post the after. 
I made flank steak with cantaloupe mint and feta and some lemon basil potato salad.

Toni and I made chicken and waffles at her hubby's request  for breakfast and then I got on the road.

I was being good, I had other food visits to make!
It was too short of a visit and I can't wait to return.  Something about old friends is just good for the soul!  How was your weekend?  Do you still keep up with your childhood friends?  Linking up with the beautiful Biana for weekending and Lindsay, et al for Hello Monday.

Happy Cooking!  Missy

No comments