Recapping the weekend- I need a good juice cleanse

Hi friends!  Happy Monday!  Hope you had a fabulous weekend, I sure did!  I took off work on Friday and went to the Giving table Lunch and Lecture at the Napoleon House and Brennan's which was a fundraiser for the Southern Foodways Alliance.  It was just am amazing event.  I was so happy to celebrate the culture and food of New Orleans in the wake of learning of Anthony Bordain's tragic suicide.  This was a hard week and brought up some real feelings.  Depression is a beast and it does not discriminate.  Linking up with the beautiful Biana for weekending.

We started with Iced Coffee and calas to accompany the amazing lecture, I learned so much!
The lecture was at the Napoleon House.  Then there was a meet and greet and book signing before we took our go cups of Pimm's cups to walk to Brennan's.

First course was French. A frisee salad with a French 75.

I was slow at drinking, they brought the second course drink and I fell behind.  It was a "Martinez" a gin Manhattan that tasted a bit like a raisin, so good!

Second Course, Italy.  Crispy Oyster Raviolo - Oyster Ragou, Garlic Chili Butter

Third Course was German: Housemade Andouillette - New Potato Salad, Broad Street Cider Jus
paired with Wayward Owl ‘Family Tree’ Kristallweizen style beer

Fourth course: Haiti. Pork Rillions - Red Bean Cassoulet, Haitian Black Mushroom Jus
paired with Teutonic Wine Company 'Recorded in Dubly' Muscat Willamette Valley 2016
Irish Course was Corned Lamb Tartine - Soda Bread, Chanterelle Mushrooms, Horseradish and Mint Yogurt paired with Gary Farrell ‘Hallberg Vineyard’ Russian River Valley Pinot Noir 2013

Sixth Course was Vietnamese: Coffee Flan - Cinnamon Chantilly paired with Vietnamese Café Sua Da - coffee, liqueur, sweet condensed milk

I had to be basically rolled out of there!  I spent the evening watching the second Percy Jackson and the Olympians movie with my favorite guys and digesting.

Saturday was hanging out at the house getting stuff done with my pup and her pal Harper who was over having a play date. I had to get geared up for another fun event, my friend's husband's 40th birthday party.  It was 80's themed.

We were all just 80's people, but my pal M'liss went all out and was Shelly Long from Troop Beverly Hills.  Her costume was epic!

I loved the make shift photo backdrop for prom pics!
It was so fun and quite the dance party!  I loved seeing old friends and dancing with Gentleman Caller, he was such a dancing machine.  We were sore the next day!

Sunday was "less serious" book club.  It was such low key fun and my phone was away so I got no pics.  My pal Susana hosted and had a make your own bagel sandwich platter and I made a yummy easy dessert that will be appearing soon.  It was so good to see my ladies, we hadn't met  in over 6 months and we have a baby and pregnancy that have happened since then, so that explains our low keyness!

It seems like I did so much socially but I felt like I had some good alone time and getting the house in order time.  I needed it, I will be out of town three of the next four weekends!  How was your weekend?  I hope whatever you did, it was amazing!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments